Balls

I went to Kapiti College. I listened to AC/DC a lot. The height of cleverness in AC/DC was a song called Big Balls. What was clever about this song was that it was talking about going to dances called balls, but - and here's where it gets clever - they were also talking about testicles.

The social pages say I've got the biggest balls of them all!

Our seventh-form ball was at Southward's Car Musuem. I was very concerned about how I looked (the photo might suggest the contrary), but was not able to bring myself to: (a) take the ballroom dancing lessons the school were offering, or (b) ask a girl out. As a consequence I went to the ball by myself and did not dance.

I have to say my father seems to be having a much better time forty years earlier. He probably could have taught me a thing or two. I probably wouldn't have liked it if he had tried to give me advice about girls, but a few dancing tips might have relieved the boredom of an expensive night sitting around in a rented tuxedo when I was seventeen.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should have papered the wall before going to the ball. Also, you could have used some product in your hair... in my day we used Brylcream. In fact, you could have used the Brylcream to stick the paper to the wall. There, I just solved two problems for you at once!
Richard (the Brylcream boy)

JY said...

I had a perm.

Anonymous said...

Nice picture. I put it up by the photocopier at work.
Sorry (in advance).

JY said...

I would also like to apologise in advance.

When did you last have your car serviced? Brake pads wear out you know.