Kurt Cobain once wrote a song called


I hate myself and I want to die.

I wonder what his wife thought.

Of course this is the same guy who wrote: "it's better to burn out than it is to fade away" in his suicide note.

I wonder what Neil Young thought.

As I listen to my one and only radio interview for the twenty-second time I think of that scene in Fawlty Towers: a married couple are in the dining room complaining to each other about the food. The wife says to the husband - "Why don't you say something?" Basil cruises past and says "How are your meals?" and the husband says cringingly - "Oh, fine, fine."

4 comments:

Cathy said...

I must say that you came across a lot better in your interview than the brainless interviewer. Did he know anything about anything? Did he have any insights or opinions? Did he understand half of what you said? No, no, no!

Anyway, you are nothing like Basil, if that is what you are driving at. He's much funnier than you are.

JY said...

That's just great. My wife comes on-line to kick me when I'm down. No, that's not what I'm driving at, I'm the lame guy who says that everything is fine.

I should have been ruder in the interview once I'd figured out he was an idiot.

Cathy said...

Love you too, darling.

Anonymous said...

"I should have been ruder in the interview once I'd figured out he was an idiot."
How long did it take?

"Love you too, darling."
Not.

R (of RBB)