A pointless interlude


The biggest selling album of all time.

Whenever I look at the album sleeve I think of a 19 year old boy's bedroom. There is a leopard skin duvet cover, there are pictures on the walls of mysterious women smoking cigarettes, there is some kind of fashion trend hanging over the chair: fedora? trench coat? white suit?

The first track on this album actually features the lyrics: "you're a vegetable/you're a buffet/people dine off you". Nice.

Beat It is great. Billie Jean is fantastic. His best song really, and he did write some good songs. The less said about the duet with Paul McCartney the better.

Michael's ok.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Whenever I look at the album sleeve I think of a 19 year old boy's bedroom."

Mmmm!

JY said...

You guys are all weird and unhealthily preoccupied with dodgy occupations.

I'm going to listen to that misunderstood genius Mr. Jackson -

The funk of 40,000 years.

Richard (of RBB) said...

They keep pinching my guitars.