Truth - On Your Face



Congratulations to Danyl and Andrew for making the regional final of the 48 hour Film Festival. Out of hundreds of entries they made it to the top twelve, and were nominated for cinematography and script; meaning they were considered to be top three in the area for two of the more important elements in film. I felt that of the twelve in the final their effort was definitely in the top six.



Apparently some people said unkind things about their film on some forums. I have a thin skin and know how this stuff can really bug you. I wanted to say:
  • Your film was funny and memorable and most of the people who saw it on Wednesday had a great time watching it
  • You worked really well together over the weekend and afterwards, and you should definitely do another one next year
  • Andrew - you probably shouldn't laugh your arse off when your cameraman gets announced as being a nominee for best cinematography
  • Danyl - I don't want to be a heartbreaker, but I reckon you have absolutely no future as a Mormon boy band member.

Well done.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why are Danyl and Andrew cuddling? (picture) Are they a gay couple?
Well done boys!
R (of RBB)
Why am I thinking of the film 300?

Anonymous said...

Thanks JP - I knew the shadowy mormon cabal controlling the contest would never let us win. It's still pretty cool seeing your film played at the embassy.

I didn't think we were one of the top three films, but I didn't think the top three were in the top three either, if you know what I mean?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Why is Danyl's blog now advertised above mine on your blog?

Richard (of RBB) said...

Oh, I see... the newest post goes to the top. Fair enough.

JY said...

Don't be afraid of a little man love Richard.

Yes, I know what you mean. I actually thought the "political" one was dreadful, and the winner was forgettable (kind of like a Shortland Street outtake). All the films that looked like they had been made in 48 hours and were funny or quirky got overlooked.

As R of RBB says... in competitions like this it's all a lottery once you get to the final.

Anonymous said...

Well said jy!


...except for the 'man love' thing.
R (of RBB)