Straight to the Richard


Sergeant Sam made me reflect on two things.

Firstly, the guy with the moustache on the cover of the Soft Cell album looks a little bit like a certain music teacher at Wainui High (with a moustache... in the 80s).
Secondly, there are some bands that you spend your life defending because they did "one good song". For a long time I defended Tiffany because she did I Think We're Alone Now, and then one terrible day I found out that it was a cover. Recently I discovered that Tainted Love by Soft Cell was also a cover.
When I find this sort of thing out, well, it's straight to the Richard with their reputation. Sorry, Tiff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm back, so watch your tongue, fly boy!
Richard (of RBB)

Anonymous said...

ps.
I hope you're keeping the Richard clean.