Sex Dwarf


While we're on the subject of ridiculous bands from the 80s and sex, I came across a song called Sex Dwarf by Soft Cell the other day. Here's what Wikipedia has to say about the video:

The original version of the music video featured Almond and Ball in a bloody butcher shop surrounded by chainsaws, nude actors, and dwarves. However, the film was confiscated by police and censored before it was even released.

Lyrical highlights from the song:

I would like you on / A long black leash / I would parade you / Down the high street / You've got the attraction / You've got the pulling power / Walk my little doggy / Walk my little sex dwarf

And

They all love your / Miniature ways / You know what they say / About small boys

Reminds me of Cole Porter.
It is almost impossible to believe that the silly man with the moustache is trying to do a sexy look. Who does he think he is appealing to? It is also almost impossible to believe that Neil Tennant and co. didn't seriously study the sound of Sex Dwarf before they launched their own electronic careers.
If you need a good laugh try googling sex dwarf. What is it with the world and hamsters anyway?

2 comments:

THE CURMUDGEON said...

I loved that song they did called Tainted Love but was unaware of anything else they recorded.
Looking at the photograph makes me glad I didn't follow up on them. They look like schoolteachers off on a night out t pull birds (or anything)

Anonymous said...

you have no idea what you're talking about. soft cell are one of the greatest bands to come out of the 1980s.
of course, you're just soooo hip these days though, right? gotta discern real talent.