Four Things - One


He writes well:
You used to get it in your fishnets / Now you only get it in your night dress / Discarded all the naughty nights for niceness / Landed in a very common crisis / Everything's in order in a black hole / Nothing seems as pretty as the past though / That Bloody Mary's lacking a Tabasco / Remember when he used to be a rascal?
No, I don't, but I remember when I used to want to be a rascal. Does that count?
Flicking through a little book of sex tips / Remember when the boys were all electric? / Now when she tells she's gonna get it / I'm guessing that she'd rather just forget it
He's tender and funny, and tends to see things from the woman's point of view. From the woman's point of view I think some men are charming and most men are laughable. It's the charming ones you have to look out for.
She walked away, her shoes were untied, / And the eyes were all red, / You could see that we've cried, and I watched and I waited, / 'Till she was inside, forcing a smile and waving goodbye. / Curiousity becomes a heavy load, / Too heavy to hold, too heavy to hold. / Will force you to be cold. / And do me a favour, and ask if you need some help! / She said, do me a favour and stop flattering yourself! / How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fuck off, might be too kind, / Perhaps fuck off, might be too kind.
The British are unimpressed. They see through you. The good ones see through themselves as well.
I knew before the invitation that there was this ploy, / Oh but she carried on suggestin, a struggle to refuse, / She said "its the red wine this time, but that is no excuse"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Never trust someone who wears their hood up!
R