Four Things - Two


Duck, Death and the Tulip.

“Who are you? Why are you creeping along behind me?”
“Good. You’ve finally noticed me,” said Death.“I am Death.”
Duck was scared stiff. You could hardly blame her for that.

I read this picture book in the school library on Thursday. It's the best thing I've read in awhile. Very moving. A children's book about death. It's about 100x better than that sounds.

I was in the library because some of the year nines in my form class have been making a nuisance of themselves in the library. One of them saw me reading the book. He ran around the library telling everyone I was reading a picture book (before he was thrown out for running around the library).
Year nine boys (on the whole) have not yet noticed death.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This one was good... I could picture your boys in the library... they also set off one of the alarms on Friday... I didn't catch them... didn't really want to... more paperwork... where does it say that lunchtime is for chasing year nine boys?
R